Selvasecca Forest Reserve
The Selvasecca Forest Reserve in Acquacalda, on the way to Lukmanier, is truly unique. Immersed within a majestic setting, it is home to the Swiss pine and also includes a large number of Norway spruces. This undulating forest features a succession of rises, basins, ravines, small valleys, plateaus, marshes and peat bogs. Thanks to this diverse habitat, it is also home to plenty of wild animals: red deer, roe deer, squirrels, foxes, amphibians and numerous birds, which patient visitors are able to watch.
- Area: 76 hectares
- Altitude: 1,700-1,955 m a.s.l.
- Main trees: Swiss pine, Norway spruce, mugo pine, larch
- Year of establishment: 2004
- Owner: Patriziato generale di Olivone, Campo e Largario
- Period: May-October.
- The circular route is recommended starting from the Pro Natura Center in Acquacalda.
- You are asked to follow the marked trail, to not access wetlands in any way and to keep dogs on a leash. Hiking boots are recommended.
- On request the Pro Natura Center offers guided tours.
- VENUES Eco-friendly
- PARKS AND GARDENS Natural parks