Milanese biscuits - The recipe
DOWNLOAD THE FULL RECIPE HERE
- Melt the butter and sift the flour;
- Mix the whole egg and sugar;
- Add the softened butter, lemon zest and salt and mix with the flour;
- Let the dough rest in the fridge, covered, overnight;
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 10-12 mm and mark with a grooved wood;
- Cut different shapes and brush twice with the egg;
- Bake in the oven at approx. 180-200 °C, with open door for approx. 10 minutes.
A typical traditional recipe from Ticino reworked by SSSAT (Swiss Italian Tourism and Hotel Management School of Bellinzona).